Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Hawaiian Sunset

We were fortunate enough to be able to stay about half our vacation at these wonderful beach cabins operated by the military.  This was our view (literally, right from the porch) one evening.  We were getting ready for a BBQ and some of our guests were arriving but I just had to sneak away for a few minutes to get this shot.  The sun had just set and the moon was already partly raised.  There was a light breeze, the waves were gently crashing on the shore, and the sky was filling with magnificent colors.  We kept so busy during our vacation that I barely had a chance to take out my camera, but I was sure glad I did that evening!  This was taken at Nimitz Beach, which is in Ewa Beach on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment