Friday, July 9, 2010

The Snakes

These two little guys were in my parent's backyard one day while we were visiting and were in danger of getting chopped up by the lawn mower!  My sister and I, being the softies we are (even for the scaly creatures) scooped them up in a container (using a very long stick) and kept them until the grass was short.  It actually worked out great because I was able to get a whole series of shots from them.

There are no snakes in Hawaii so it was quite exciting to see a pair, loose in the wild, right in our yard in Onalaska, Wisconsin!  And they were quite the characters!  I caught a few great shots of them sticking out their purple, forked, little tongues at us and a great one of just their scales.  I even got a few as they slithered away to freedom!  It was all quite exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment