Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Landscape

I was hired to photograph some land recently and this is one of my favorite shots of the whole bunch!  The client was pleased with the images as well and the session was a blast.  Photographing land is so different than photographing people (obviously)!  I might actually argue that it's a bit harder.  With people, I'm capturing their personalities as they live, but with land, I'm capturing it's essence, it's history!  It doesn't move for my camera, I have to move to get just what I want from it.  It's huge, never ending, absolutely mystifying.  I've photographed various landscapes before, but when you're limited to a specific area, it can be quite daunting!  Luckily, the weather cooperated beautifully, so the lighting was wonderful!  I shot this at "golden hour", just as the sun was sinking below the bluffs that surround this area.  All in all, I'm happy with my shots, but exhausted in a whole new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment