Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Gentleman | Wisconsin Art Photographer

 While I was at my studio today, this gentleman (pictured above) stopped by for a little chat.  It was quite honestly a rewarding experience.  He had so many stories to share and it really kind of renewed my feelings about portraiture.  Not that I was doubting my passion, but I was once again reminded of why I love creating portraits.  It's because when I create a portrait I am capturing a little bit, a split second of a person's personality, who they are, in that specific time in their life.  I just can't get enough of everyone's unique story, their version of life, their experiences, everything that has shaped and defined them into who they've become at the moment they're in front of my lens.  I seriously LOVE my job!

Anyway, we chatted for quite some time and just before he left I asked if I could photograph him.  I'm not usually one who can ask someone to step in front of my camera so easily when it's not an adorable baby, child, or fun family, but I'm glad I did.  I would have regretted not having some sort of visual record of the brief piece of time I sat with this gentleman.  There is meaning behind every photo, a life-story behind every image.  Today I got a great reminder of that and I can only hope that the moments spent with this stranger enriched his life in some way, just as mine was enriched.

No comments:

Post a Comment