Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Art & The Updates | La Crosse Wisconsin Photographer

I have always had a place in my heart for successful diptych images (two images displayed side by side, cohesive in nature - as defined by me).  So, I suppose it makes sense that so many of my fine art images end up diptychs!  This one was no exception.  This was from a very short series I did a while back in which I was challenging myself to view my surroundings in black and white and all the lovely shades of gray in between.  Every now and then, I like to force myself out of my normal comfort zone for personal projects such as that.  Anyway, I think it was definitely a worthwhile way to spend a 6 hour drive (to and from) and a weekend in the Minnesota cities!

Speaking of artwork, I'm very proud to announce that I am officially an award winning, internationally published photographer!  That is a wonderfully fulfilling accomplishment for myself and my business.  For at least a year or so now, I've been able to hold the official title of award winning, published photographer, but, recently, one of my images was published in a British territory near Spain, allowing me the amazing opportunity of adding "international" to the title!  And, as if that wasn't exciting enough, the image was of the La Crosse's own Riverside Park eagle statue that's featured here!  Needless to say, this photographer is having a wonderfully happy 2012 so far!

One last note, as I've been doing for some time now, I'm still teaching photography courses (and, hopefully expanding with a few new courses in the Fall) at Western Technical College, through their Lifelong Learning program.  If you're interested in taking some of these courses, visit their website and look for the instructor named Westbrook (that's me)!  Hope to see you there!
La Crosse Wisconsin Photographer, Tomah Wisconsin Photographer, Onalaska Wisconsin Photographer, Holmen Wisconsin Photographer, West Salem Wisconsin Photographer, WI, Endless Images, Photographer La Crosse, Photographer Wisconsin, Wisconsin Photographer, Minnesota Photographer, Winona Minnesota Photogrpaher, photographer sparta, artistic photographer onalaska, la crosse wi nature phtoographer, wisconsin art la crosse wi baby photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment