Friday, June 25, 2010

The Daisy


I celebrated my "Quarter of a Century" birthday on Monday (June 21st) and had a casual, wonderful time!  I rang in the first day of my 25th year in a summer course at UW-L (where I am almost finished with my Bachelor's Degree - yes, I took a little break from school, I should have been done a while ago!).  That was the boring part!  But then I went to lunch with my family, got flowers from my boyfriend (who stills lives back home in Hawaii, for now), and relaxed the rest of the day away! 

The shot above is one of the daisies that came with the flowers I received!  I acutally took a similar photo first on my cell phone and I loved how the cell phone cast a warm tone over the image when in black and white.  So I decided it'd be best to replicate it with my DSLR, which is what I posted here.  (Daisies are my favorite flowers - Gerbera Daisies to be specific - so I absolutely love this shot!  I thinking about getting a canvas print for my new apartment later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment