Monday, June 6, 2011

The Blurs Series | Wisconsin Art Photographer

From a new series I've been working on entitled Blurs; a large collection of images that have no discernible details, but which are rich in tonality and movement which guides your eyes through the scene.  It's meant to be a tranquil look at the natural world, one in which no influences exist, just shades of light.  The colors of each image influence the mood during observation but the rest of the viewing experience is left to the observer and their own mind.  It's a quite enjoyable body of work to produce, albeit, somewhat frustrating at times.  I'm simply manipulating what I see to produce each image, but I cannot manipulate what is actually there.  It is in the choices that I make that will determine my final image, which is proving to be quite an exciting journey!

2 comments:

  1. Good saying. I am really overwhelmed with these words. Thanks for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sometimes I just have to allow myself time to reflect on photography and artwork so I figured I'd write it out (which is another of my passions)! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete